strategy – action – organisation
WHAT DOES THIS BOOK OFFER?
- Pragmatic handbook. Apply the content to check and optimise your existing marketing approach. Or use the book to develop a new strategy. Pragmatic, almost like a do-it-yourself book, describing many examples. With practical step-by-step tips.
- For cities of all sizes. It’s for villages, towns, megacities. Place marketing situations will always differ, principles can be applied by many, including regions and countries.
- Strategic direction and creative inspiration. The book provides insights on how to optimise the city marketing approach. It’s written for experienced cities, as well as cities starting from scratch.
SOME OF THE TOPICS
- How to stand out in the crowd, how to develop a competitive identity
- Dealing with dilemmas, making difficult choices
- How to translate the long term marketing strategy into day-to-day activities?
- Applying effective principles, such as ‘budget low, impact high’
- How to set up partnerships: how to collaborate with business and organisations in the city
- What are good ways of organising … Models, ….,
- Very pragmatic: examples, analyses, food for thought, concrete suggestions
- Integrated approach: city marketing is a multi-faceted topic. It requires back to a number of basic principles and to a cohesive approach
I. CITY MARKETING STRATEGY
1. City marketing: easy and complicated at the same time
2. What’s your city’s purpose and impact?
3. Different cities, different challenges
4. A clear city mission and vision: a vital starting point
5. The various customers and target groups of the city
6. The city as a brand
7. Distinctiveness, relevance & credibility: basis for a strong city brand
8. The character of the city
9. Economic image of the city
II. CITY MARKETING ACTION
10. Effective city marketing principles
11. Visual identity of the city
12. Atmosphere in the city / Architecture icons
13. Events and experiences
III. CITY MARKETING ORGANISATION
16. Governance, roles and responsibilities
17. Public private partnerships